Our website address is: https://askdoctors.online.
Information We Collect
We collect information about you in a variety of ways, including:
- Information you provide to us. When you register for an account, create a profile, or use the Services, you may provide us with information about yourself, such as your name, email address, phone number, mailing address, date of birth, and medical history.
- Information we collect automatically. When you use the Services, we may automatically collect information about your device and your use of the Services, such as your IP address, browser type, operating system, device type, unique device identifier, and the pages you visit on the Services.
- Information we collect from third parties. We may collect information about you from third parties, such as social media networks or healthcare providers.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect about you for a variety of purposes, including:
- To provide you with the Services.
- To improve the Services and develop new features.
- To communicate with you about your account and the Services.
- To send you marketing and promotional emails.
- To conduct research and analytics.
- To protect our rights and interests.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
We may share the information we collect about you with third parties, including:
- Service providers. We may share your information with third-party service providers who help us provide the Services, such as companies that help us process payments, send emails, or store data.
- Business partners. We may share your information with third-party business partners, such as healthcare providers or pharmaceutical companies, for research or marketing purposes.
- Legal requirements. We may share your information when required to do so by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or court order.
- Protection of rights. We may share your information when we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our terms of service, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Askdoctors.online, our users, or others.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
You have choices about how we collect, use, and share your information. You can:
- Access your information. You can access the information we have about you by logging into your account and visiting the “My Account” page.
- Correct your information. You can correct the information we have about you by logging into your account and visiting the “My Account” page.
- Delete your information. You can delete your account and the information we have about you by contacting us at [email protected].
- Opt out of marketing emails. You can opt out of receiving marketing emails from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any marketing email.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where your data is sent
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
We take the security of your information seriously. We have implemented a variety of security measures to protect your information from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. These measures include:
- Encryption. We encrypt your information when it is transmitted over the Internet.
- Data storage. We store your information on secure servers.
- Access controls. We restrict access to your information to authorized employees who need to know the information in order to provide the Services to you.
The Services are not directed to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at [email protected].